- God creates the world.
- The people rebel against God, then God floods the earth to rid it of the mess people made of it.
- Several generations later, God singles out a 99 year-old man called Abram and makes him the father of a nation.
- Later, along come Joseph and Moses and many other ordinary and inadequate people that the movie is also not about. God is the one who picks them and directs them and works miracles through them.
- In the next scene, God sends judges and prophets to His nation because the people can't seem to give Him the one thing He asks of them (obedience).
- And then, the climax: The Son of God is born among the people whom God still somehow loves. While in this world, the Son teaches His followers what true love looks like. Then the Son of God dies and is resurrected and goes back up to be with God.
- And even though the movie isn't quite finished yet, we know what the last scene hold. It's the throne room of God. Here every being worships God who sits on the throne, for He alone is worthy to be praised.
1st Corinthians 10:31 says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." So what does that mean for you? Frankly, you need to get over yourself. It might sound harsh, but that's seriously what it means.
Maybe life's pretty good for you right now. God has given you this good stuff so that you can show the world a person who enjoys blessings, but who is still totally obsessed with God.
Or maybe life is tough right now, and everything feels like a struggle. God has allowed hard things in your life so you can show the world that your God is great and that knowing Him brings peace and joy, even when life is hard. Like the psalmist who wrote, "I saw the prosperity of the wicked... Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure.. When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me till I entered the sanctuary of God." (Ps.73:3,13,16-17). It is easy to become disillusioned with the circumstances of our lives compared to others'. But in the presence of God, He gives us a deeper peace and joy that transcends it all.
To be brutally honest, it doesn't really matter what place youfind yourself in right now. Your part is to bring Him glory. The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing.
God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His. It is His movie, His world, His gift.