Monday, May 17, 2010

My life.. Update.

Hey, what's up everyone.

I hope you're doing well. I've still been struggling a little bit here in Pismo Beach, but the Lord is doing a work in me and i'm starting to find out more about why He has called me to the Central Coast of California. I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of my supporters. I couldn't be doing this without ya'll. I'm really excited about what God is doing in me here. He has been teaching me a lot about my attitude toward others, and how i'm suppose to be loving Him with everything i have, and to be loving others. I'm so thankful that His mercies are new for me everyday single day.

So i want to give ya'll a update on what I've been doing and what i'll be doing here in the central coast. The past 2 weeks I've been on my staff orientation. The other staff members have been teaching me about YWAM's history, calling & values. We've been going over our vision and goal for 2010 as a base. This is YWAM's 50th year as a non-profit Christian international organization, so we're planning on going to Mexico in September for our staff outreach, and right after that i'll be going back to Haiti for 10 days. I'm really excited about  these two outreaches. The cost for both of these outreaches together, for my ticket, expenses, food, lodging, transportation, etc.. is gonna be roughly $2,000. So i have some time to raise support and prepare. Since I've been here, I've been out skateboarding a lot and meeting tons of new people. I've gotten to speak at a local surf shop bible study about what God's doing in my life, and I'm speaking at a Sunday night  worship service on June 6th. God is SO good. God's favor has been all over me. One thing God has put on my heart is to start a skateboarding ministry. One thing that i have learned in scripture and from being in Haiti is that i have to be involved and be out of my comfort zone to build relationships with my community. So with that said, I need your prayers, and support. 

PRAYER REQUEST:

  • Understanding on how to raise support better
  • That i would trust God in providing for me and not people.
  • Attitude
  • My relationship with Sara. (my girlfriend)
  • How to be a positive and Godly influence amongst my Pre-Christian friends
  • More of God’s presence
  • Relationships amongst staff will grow stronger
  • A vehicle
  • My body - it's sore from skateboarding.
  • Vision for skate ministry.
If you are interested in partnering with me financially to help me do what God is calling me to do, then you can call me @ (828) 308-7237, or email me @ causeyphilip@gmail.com or check out " I want to support Philip" on the right hand side of the page, there is info on how you can send money.

Thank you so much
Blessings,
Philip Causey

No comments:

Post a Comment