Friday, August 26, 2011

The Invitation

Hey Axis! Just a few things I want to share with you.

Thank you for being faithful in supporting me monthly. Sure is a blessing to me. Yall are a part of what God is doing in me and through me here in Pismo Beach and the Central Coast of California.

Jesus' invitation for us is still to come and follow Him. The Holy Spirit has been teaching me how to follow Jesus and what that means biblically. To look at the Scriptures and learn from them. I've noticed how Christians will get together and talk about other people's opinions rather than the Word of God. So I've been real challenged to look at what the Scriptures say about... well everything.

Since I've been back from Israel and Ethiopia I've been plugged into a local church here in Pismo. I was offered a internship with the youth group and college ministry. God is really opening up doors and opportunities for me to speak life and truth into to so many lives. One of my passions is to see people my age excited and passionate about the Word and Jesus. To know who they are in Jesus. So this internship is perfect. So I praise God for that. I got to baptized some of the guys in the youth group so that's always really exciting for me cause that's what Jesus commands us to do. I've really been able to disciple these students and be in their life's. Creating a community, at my house, at a park or in Starbucks, where we can get together and read the word, and just talk about life. With the college ministry, I've been teaching some and just setting stuff up. Our focus for the college students is to come together and fellowship with each other, pray for one another and discuss the word. Keeping it simple. My hope is that the people that come will find out who they are in Jesus and follow Him in their life.

We currently do not have a discipleship training school going on with YWAM, so we've been advertising for our upcoming DTS in January 2012. I'm gonna be helping lead that school with being in small groups with the students, doing one on ones with them, and leading a outreach team to Asia. We have also been in our community and building relationships with local businesses and people in downtown Pismo. I'm leading our outreach department so I've getting God's heart for Pismo Beach and the Central Coast and we've been going out each week and praying for our community, city and spending time with the homeless community. I feel like God is gonna pour out His Spirit on our city, and people will be passionate about Jesus.

Prayer Request:
So that's what's happening with me in California. If yall could continue to pray for me that I would have boldness in proclaiming the Gospel. Pray that I can be a example to other believers in my speech, life, love, faith, and purity. Ask God to help me be loving and real in every situation.

I want to come visit NC sometime in October. The cost for that will be around $550. If anyone wants to help out with that, let me know. I'm also planning a visit to Haiti in December for my friend, Wesner's, wedding. He wants me to be his best man, so I really wanna go and spend some time there and visit the Reeves family.

Thank you SO much for all your prayers, support, and encouragement. If you're interested or God's put it on your heart to give to me finically for my upcoming trips you can email me at causeyphilip@gamil.com or give me a call at 828 308 7237.

Thanks for all your Love and support. Love you all more than you know.

Grace and Blessings,
Philip Causey.

1 comment: